Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Halloween Haunt 2022

Featured Replies

It looks like Halloween Haunt is being expanded this year to include three Sundays in October. Kings Island’s website says that Halloween Haunt will run from 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM on select Sundays. What are your thoughts on this move?

 

B8E7DB7C-10B0-45AB-9651-ACD90DFB4631.jpeg

  • FUN&ONLY! changed the title to Halloween Haunt 2022
  • Replies 179
  • Views 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gonna be real tired on mondays.

  • DoomPlague
    DoomPlague

    I would like them to add "trying to scare other guests" to that list. I saw it a couple times last year and was like "No one is impressed that you can startle someone when you're obviously just anothe

Posted Images

Happy to see this. Sundays were a great time to go when they had it in the past in part because crowds were low. Though I suppose that's not guaranteed to be the case this year. The two sundays I went last October were busier than I expected.

I'd love for this to work out. I'm not holding my breath that it will, though.

FTW, who remembers that year of Thursday Haunts that were announced and (IIRC) cancelled due to weather every single time.

29 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

I'd love for this to work out. I'm not holding my breath that it will, though.

FTW, who remembers that year of Thursday Haunts that were announced and (IIRC) cancelled due to weather every single time.

I remember that as well. They could not get mother nature to cooperate at all.

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I remember that as well. They could not get mother nature to cooperate at all.

not to mention they would call off the experimental thursday due to weather then fridays would be worse and NOT call off those days...

 

...fun times ant the FUN & ONLY...

 

...come on, get happy...

 

I'd hope that this would disperse crowds, It's an interesting move especially seeing other Cedar Fair parks get rid of haunt entirely.

5 hours ago, Taylor.B03 said:

I'd hope that this would disperse crowds, It's an interesting move especially seeing other Cedar Fair parks get rid of haunt entirely.

in all fairness, haunt needs to disappear for a while until crowds can conduct themselves better during this time. that's one of the many reasons why i left.

Goodnews, Halloween Haunt makes an already awesome KI even better. Hopefully, KI security and local law enforcement can control thugs who choose to misbehave. 

23 hours ago, Return of the Rotag said:

in all fairness, haunt needs to disappear for a while until crowds can conduct themselves better during this time. that's one of the many reasons why i left.

i agree

I personally think the train should make a return. It doesn’t have to necessarily stop halfway like the last time, (it can’t anymore since the haunt platform is gone), but rather take guests on a full lap like Winterfest. Each set of passenger cars can hold a large amount of people and could really help alleviate midway traffic. The train could pass by multiple scary scenes and possibly even live actors. I’m not sure how practical this all would be but it would be another haunt attraction at the park’s disposal.

12 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I personally think the train should make a return. It doesn’t have to necessarily stop halfway like the last time, (it can’t anymore since the haunt platform is gone), but rather take guests on a full lap like Winterfest. Each set of passenger cars can hold a large amount of people and could really help alleviate midway traffic. The train could pass by multiple scary scenes and possibly even live actors. I’m not sure how practical this all would be but it would be another haunt attraction at the park’s disposal.

Don’t quote me on this, but I think there’s a situation where the train (per someone’s guidelines) would either be able to run during Haunt or Winterfest. 
 

Could anyone “in the know” elaborate? 

5 hours ago, beastfan11 said:

Don’t quote me on this, but I think there’s a situation where the train (per someone’s guidelines) would either be able to run during Haunt or Winterfest. 
 

Could anyone “in the know” elaborate? 

I don’t think that’s the case from what I’ve been told. I think it comes down to staffing. Winterfest needs the train open more than Haunt does. 

At one time the train had their boiler permits with the State limited to a certain number of hours per year, but not sure that is still the case anymore.

Wonder how long until the neighbors complain about the late night noise on those new fall Sunday Haunt nights?

So I have said this once and I will say it again, I am not holding my breath for Haunt this year. For the past several years (baring covid) I have found the whole Haunt experience lacking under what I can only perceive as new leadership. Haunt circa 2010-2018 honestly kicked it up a notch every year and I loved it. As of late, it feels like most of the haunt budget just isn't there or is used for some honestly really corny lanterns/shows that I refuse to even attend at this point. I genuinely miss Trail of Terror, Carnevil, heck I even miss midget wrestling, and that's saying something. If we don't see at least a new scare zone or a new house it will really be upsetting. 

Considering it is the big anniversary year for Kings Island, here are some classic Haunts I would love to see come back:

Carnevil - This should have never been taken out, one of my favorite classic haunts that I still miss today.

Holiday Horror - Honestly still a classic haunt, I miss it dearly. 

Tombstone Terror-Tory - While it probably couldn't go the original track I would still love to see it come back in some way.

I am seriously hopeful that Urgent Scare, Wolf Pack and Backwoods are still in the line up for this year too.  

On 7/23/2022 at 8:52 PM, David schuster said:

Bring back hot blooded. 

And with the original set, water curtain and costumes. The "warehouse" set and really cheesy costumes of its last year just didn't work.

13 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

And with the original set, water curtain and costumes. The "warehouse" set and really cheesy costumes of its last year just didn't work.

if im not mistaken, those costumes came from the likes of adam and eve & leg avenue

Heard from an employee the other night that they will be carding people and under (18/21 not sure), you must be with an adult and they must have a cell phone on them at all times.

Hope they really crack down and keep it fun and safe.

 

 

  • Author
4 hours ago, mikejenkins1 said:

Heard from an employee the other night that they will be carding people and under (18/21 not sure), you must be with an adult and they must have a cell phone on them at all times.

Hope they really crack down and keep it fun and safe.

 

 

Where did the employee work? Was it a higher-up employee or a seasonal associate?

7 hours ago, mikejenkins1 said:

Heard from an employee the other night that they will be carding people and under (18/21 not sure), you must be with an adult and they must have a cell phone on them at all times.

Hope they really crack down and keep it fun and safe.

 

 

I'd hope not, I am 18 (19 in a few weeks), Me and my younger sister went to haunt for the first time last year and we loved it! We were only there for the night rides (We aren't that interested in the scare parts of it). It would be a real shame if I could not take her with me, it would take me 2 years to be able to do that again which would really suck. My mom is not into haunt so I would likely be the only person to be able to go. I certainly hope they continue to rely on their incredible security team. The amount of investment they have put into security should be enough to keep things from going down the drain. It's a shame because these policies put a harsh stigma on people. Even is policies are well taken for most people it still is hurting people wether you know it or not. I know this claim may not be true at all but seeing what Knotts is doing I would not be surprised if this comes to most all Cedar Fair parks.

On 8/1/2022 at 6:10 AM, mikejenkins1 said:

Heard from an employee the other night that they will be carding people and under (18/21 not sure), you must be with an adult and they must have a cell phone on them at all times.

Hope they really crack down and keep it fun and safe.

 

 

I’m not sure if they would do that because the code of conduct listed on the website only says that they strongly recommend minors being with their parents:F914F534-A526-410B-83BB-FD6E74824053.jpegAlso, the Halloween Haunt website homepage (which has been updated for the 2022 season) only says that the event is not recommended for children under 13. There are no other age restrictions listed.3D87EE0B-5F0C-450F-98B2-6B5B12D12FD5.jpeg

  • 2 weeks later...

The set pieces for Monster Rock have appeared recently at Festhaus, so it looks like the show will return for 2022. Hopefully the live band will return as well!

08F211F0-A9B8-4018-8C5C-8D410B6132A7.jpeg
 

The Code of Conduct has been updated for Halloween Haunt and there is nothing mentioned about minors needing to be with an adult.

I would like them to add "trying to scare other guests" to that list. I saw it a couple times last year and was like "No one is impressed that you can startle someone when you're obviously just another guest"

Also, I really wish they would stress to guests that places in line can't be saved for your group. Most of the line jumping I see is when multiple people walk through the line to meet up with someone that they sent ahead. Sometimes rather large groups of people.

Glad to see that there will not be a chaperone policy! My sister will be glad to hear about this.

27 minutes ago, Orion13 said:

08F211F0-A9B8-4018-8C5C-8D410B6132A7.jpeg
 

The Code of Conduct has been updated for Halloween Haunt and there is nothing mentioned about minors needing to be with an adult.

I would assume If this goes well they will implement it next year during regular season operations.

Also, has profanity always been banned? Seems like a strange rule for 2022, at least outside of kid friendly events like Trick or Treat.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.