Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Son Of Beast Out For Rest of Season

Featured Replies

And then there is THIS:

http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=5316486&nav=0zHF

Debate Over Whether Son of Beast Will Roll Again This Year

Aug 23, 2006 11:43 AM

(Mason, OH) - According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Ohio Department of Agriculture says that the Son of Beast probably won't be providing thrills and screams for the thousands who visit the park each year.

If you talk to Kings Island they have a different idea.

A spokesperson for the amusement park said that they are working on the roller coaster and are trying to get it running for the weekend sessions scheduled to begin after the park closes tonight at 8 p.m.

The Department of Agriculture said that they didn't expect the ride to go again this season. A spokesperson for the department said that the investigation, in which over a dozen people were hurt, continues and is not close to being over.

The park will be open just two more weekends until the annual October Fear Fest begins.

The section that investigators say was at fault for the accident is currently being rebuilt and water filled dummies are being used to simulate passengers.

Report: FOX19 News

Information from the Associated Press

Anyway back on topic. That article from Fox 19 is interesting. Seems to be some conflicting stories. They really need to take their time. Son of Beast has been closed for about 6 weeks already. If its closed for the rest of the season then it's okay by me.

Hmmm. The train was in the station? Looked like I could see it in the back of the picture.

  • Author

An update:

(Note the incorrect last paragraph)

http://news.communitypress.com/apps/pbcs.d...0331/1085/Local

'Son of Beast' not expected to reopen this year

BY ERIC BRADLEY | COMMUNITY PRESS STAFF WRITER

MASON -- Paramount's Kings Island's "Son of Beast" roller-coaster is likely caged until next season.

The ride has been closed since July 9 when 27 passengers were sent to area hospitals following an accident.

Since then, vertical timbers were replaced on the coaster after inspectors from the Ohio Department of Agriculture found cracked beams during a July 10 inspection.

Daily operations ended at the park Aug. 23, and with testing and inspections still underway, it's unlikely the coaster will be open this weekend, the park's last regular operating days of the season.

"We're being very thorough to make sure things are done properly and in compliance with the state 100 percent," said Maureen Kaiser, spokeswoman for the park.

Workers are currently assessing the strength of the coaster's timber and running tests to measure the effect of the ride on a person using "water dummies," Kaiser said.

The park, which was bought earlier this year by Cedar Fair, the owner of Cedar Point in Sandusky, is committed to reopening the ride, she said.

Two park visitors last weekend did not know the ride was closed.

Cory Brown, who was visiting the park from Delaware County, north of Columbus, said he has ridden "Son of Beast" several times, but has not had any complaints.

"It wasn't terrible, it felt fine," he said.

Barrie Arber, also from Delaware County, said she has not ridden the coaster, but that she was not disappointed it was closed.

"I don't want to ride it if something like that happened," she said.

The park will be open this weekend, including Labor Day. It will then close and open for Fearfest, which starts Sept. 30.

Season passes for next season went on sale last weekend.

Season passes for next season went on sale last weekend.

Ummmm No...that sucks I have to wait til next year to ride sonny oh well I guess everything happens for a reason.

Well I'm glad they have decided to take there time with the reopening of Son of Beast. Maybe just maybe they will fix it right this time. Here's to a Spring of 2007 reopening of Son of Beast.

I am glad to see they are taking their time fixing SOB and making sure no one will get hurt again. Also about time they start adding more flowers back into the park next year. Does anyone know why they took almost all of the out?

Son of Beast isn't even that fun of a ride. I don't see why people are so obsessive over it. Personally, I don't care if the ride stays or goes. If it stays, I might ride it if I am in the park, bored, and everything else has too long of a line. And if it goes...."OH WELL", I will get over it. Oh wait, I'm already over not being able to ride it. So much for that.

mf

any more updates on the investigation?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.