Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bomb Scare at CedarPoint.

Featured Replies

  • Author

UPDATE

PA. Man Faces Charges for Fake Bomb Scare at Cedar Point here

This story just got even more strange.

  • 2 weeks later...
A Pennsylvania man accused in a bomb scare at an Ohio amusement park has pleaded no contest to inducing panic.

Police at Cedar Point in Sandusky accused 27-year-old Kelly Albrecht of Cranberry Township, Pa., of leaving a fake bomb under his car at the park on July 17. A bomb squad destroyed the device, which turned out to be harmless. Albrecht was arrested when he returned to his vehicle.

If convicted of the misdemeanor charge, he faces up to six months in jail....

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/news...kbombscare.html

To think people would go to such extreme measures... in this day and age jokes like this are not necessary.

  • 1 month later...

Charge Reduced In Cedar Point Bomb Case:

..."He was using it as a visual aid for a public speaking engagement in college," Reno said.

"He gave a speech on IEDs because he's freshly back from Iraq -- he's a military vet -- so he used it as an example to show (that) things as innocuous as this can cause a lot of damage."...

Reno sat down with prosecutors Thursday and successfully got Albrecht's charge reduced to persistent disorderly conduct, a fourth-degree misdemeanor that carries only 30 days in jail.

Albrecht has yet to be sentenced and will likely be forced to pay some restitution for the law enforcement expenses his actions caused.

Reno said his client inadvertently created the bomb scare when he placed the visual aid on the ground in the Cedar Point parking lot.

Albrecht was preparing to enter the amusement park, and while putting his luggage in the trunk area, he set the object down on the ground next to his Jeep.

For the presentation, the item -- a vegetable can -- was equipped with wires and a phone, but Reno said most of those attachments were removed long before his client accidentally left it next to his vehicle.

"By the time it was found at Cedar Point, it didn't have any of those things on it," Reno said. "It was the equivalent of a coffee can."...

Reno said the inducing panic charge did not fit the crime and would have looked bad for Albrecht in his future professional pursuits.

Cedar Point police Chief Ray Majoy previously said he did not think Albrecht intentionally caused the scare.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/articles/2...ont/1591111.txt

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.